Before elaborating sophisticated troubleshooting schemes, remember that 99% of computer problems are end user related (did not pay attention, enter wrong command, typo, etc). Once you made sure that is not end user related - proceed though the following algorithm:
- REPRODUCE the steps leading to the problem
- READ the error message (most people do not bother, computers are almost 100% accurate, they do not care about your mood)
- SEARCH Google by placing howto in front of your keywords e.g. howto install nvidia debian squeeze
- Go to IRC #Freenode #debian or at OFTC # Debian and ASK the QUESTION (there are thousand of people there - do not greet - write your question clearly stating the hardware, OS version and the problem you face) e.g. "I run Debian GNU/Linux version 6.0 AMD64 installed in a dual core AMD64 with NVIDIA VGA card - I would like to use 3D features of Compiz - how can I do that ?"
- In case none of the above works, contact ACU Corporation, we will be glad to help.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR OPEN SOURCE/GPL BASED SOLUTIONS
ACU Corporation provides affordable technical support and services for those currently employing Open Source IT infrastructures, or contemplating migration from proprietary (e.g. Microsoft or Apple) to Free/Libre Open Source solutions.
The offer is extended to anybody, from institutions in need to migrate the workstations and server infrastructure, to end users who need help in using Free/Libre Open Source applications, and get rid from the fear of viruses, and continuous and expensive upgrades.
The following table illustrates few aspects of support and services we provide:
THE FEE STRUCTURE for Technical Support and Services is based on the nature of the job, location, duration and it can be per hour, per job, or as a maintenance contract.
As a ball park, the DESKTOP TECH SUPPORT FEE starts at USD 35.00/hour while SERVER TECH SUPPORT FEE starts at USD 45.00/hour.